Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010 Civil 3D Resolutions

I'm not usually big on New Year resolutions. However, it is useful to reflect on the past year and set goals for the future.

This is my personal list, no particular order:


  1. Expand the list of Civil 3D blogs I follow.
  2. Save blocks before closing the block editor. I trust it to prompt me to save way too much.
  3. Use ribbon more and not cop-out by typing in the key-in when I can't find a command right away.
  4. Always save before entering Object Viewer, no matter how much of a hurry I am in.
  5. Publish to DWF more often than PDF.
  6. Update my white papers to show 2010 screenshots.
  7. Learn how to make multi-view blocks.
  8. Get past the "Hello World" stage of learning VB.NET
  9. Get awesome at the Hydraflow tools. Dig up old hydrology & fluid mechanics text books to facilitate awesomeness.
  10. Understand & use more obscure subassemblies.
  11. Present at Autodesk University.
  12. Stop naming all my test data sets "Yodalinda Valley".

That's pretty much it. Hopefully I'll get a few of these done!

No comments: