Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Stop Me if You've Heard This One...

I swear I blogged about this before but I couldn't find it in my own archives.


So you attempt to launch a dialog box, say... Layer Properties Manager or Corridor Properties. You can still move your cursor but the dialog box does not appear. Civil 3D hasn't crashed...just the dialog box has gone AWOL.

If you've recently gone from 2 monitors to one, you may be suffering from what I call "phantom monitor syndrome". Your application dialog box came up on a monitor that you are no longer connected to.

It is an easy fix:
ALT + Spacebar then M
Then use arrow keys (usually the left one) to move the dialog box over to your correct monitor.

ALT + Spacebar activates the Windows options for any dialog box. M chooses "move".

No comments: