Monday, May 19, 2008

SQOTD: Map and 64 Bit Machines

Today's support question of the day comes from....ME.

I am using a 64bit version of Windows Vista Business. So far the only thing I have not been able to do is insert a raster image. I do not have full Raster Design installed (yet) but I do have the object enabler. Sadly, when I attempt to insert a raster image (any png, jpg, SID, tif, you name it) I can't.

When in Civil 3D going to Map > Image > Insert and choose any image file. I got the following error:
Cannot open Frame
File.\acMapCoordinateTransform.cpp
Date: Mar 13 2008
Line: 221
Abort,Retry,Ignore

The answer from the folks at AutoDesk support:

Hi Louisa,

The issue that you are having is a known issue with the Map functionality on a 64-bit operating system. You can find this documented in the Readme file.

Unfortunately, if you do not have Raster Design installed (not just the Raster OE) your only other option is to insert an image into your drawing is to use the Add Raster Image or Surface Connection from the Map Task Pane:

  • At the command line type MAPWSPACE
  • Select the Data icon on the Task Pane
  • Select the Connect to Data... option
  • Select the Add Raster Image or Surface Connection option and the connection a name
  • From the Source file or folder, browse to the directory that contains the imagery and connect
  • Select the image(s) that you want to add from the list and select the Add to Map button

This should allow you to at least get the imagery into your drawing. I hope this helps.



Read the readme? Josh, you are too funny.
I guess I'll bite the bullet and install Raster Design 2009 now.

No comments: