Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lost and Found

Sooo, I'm teaching my first Civil 3D 2008 class this week in sunny Appleton, WI. Actually, its an accident that I'm teaching '08...I only have '07 books and I didn't realize this classroom had been updated. Oopsie! Oh well. The 2007 AOTC books will get me 95% there...I'll just write them up a little sheet exercise for Friday...no big whoop.

Imagine my surprise when I go to show them how to change the default layer on the Contour Labels lines- only to find this command has changed dramatically. You used to set the layer for the obligatory line in the command settings.
Now, you can set the layer in the Drawing settings under object layers.
Better yet, why not turn them off altogether in the Command Settings? If you need to modify this now "imaginary" line, you still can! I like it a lot.


Hugs and smooches to the boys in New Hampshire on this one.

No comments: