Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Insane Vault-ADMS Error Message - and How I Fixed It

ADMS = Autodesk Data Management System (not American Donkey and Mule Society, as previously thought.)

Holy Christ...check out this error message I got after a complete uninstall and reinstall of the Civil 3D 2008 product:

Some history: On my machine I have every CAD program known to mankind. I had beta 2 installed, then Beta 3. Before installing my spanking new, serialized and legit Civil 3D 2008, I uninstalled all mention of 2008 products. I nuked all the folders it left behind. Since there can only be one version of Vault on a machine at once, I removed Vault 5 from 2007.

After the lengthy reinstall, C3d worked. Vault installed but ADMS did not install. I received the absurd error we see here.


Turns out I needed to totally uninstall SQL too.
If you get this error - the text talks about SOAP and crazy stuff. Just ignore it and uninstall.

No comments: