Sunday, June 08, 2008

How to Rename Your Tool Palettes

There's a story behind this post. So last Wednesday at our user group meeting I was demoing the new features of Civil 3D 2009. I was showing the group the new assemblies that are ready-made and how easy it is to drag and drop assemblies into the tool palette now. So I'm on the screen as shown at left and Rick L. (hi, Rick if you are reading this!) notices the second tab down is truncating itself in an unfortunate way.



Honest, I created this tab to read "My Assemblies."


So it might be a good idea to show people how to create new palettes and rename them.


All you need to do is right-click on any existing tab. You'll see New Palette in there as well as Rename Palette. Pretty simple.
One of these days I'll create a 4-star post on how to network tool palettes such that users can have thier own but a CAD manager-type can dish out read-only, company-wide ones.
For now, I'll keep it mellow.




No comments: