Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Firefox, We Hardly Knew Ye'



Its a sad day for me. Due to several applications that I use at work, including Civil 3D, I've come to the conclusion that life is just easier when you are using a Microsoft browser.




I liked Firefox for its built in spellcheck, cozy UI and tolerance of my sloppy HTML.


However, I kept running into trouble executing Civil 3D reports, getting into the AutoDesk Partner Center and my company's CRM package.




Sniff.




Now that I'm back with the herd, I had to change my Internet Explorer 7 security settings to get those Civil 3D reports to work properly.

This is the error I got in Civil 3D before I did so.





In order to change this, open up Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options then tab over to Security.

Set yourself to Medium, click OK and life should be fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why not install the IE Tab extension? Then set the reports to display in an IE Tab but you still get the benefits of Firefox except for the few apps/websites that require IE.

Louisa Holland said...

Good suggestion. That worked pretty well for a while - but I coudn't be bothered to set it up correctly for each page. :)