Friday, March 23, 2007

OH! 8!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!
AutoDesk Civil 3D 2008 ships in a few weeks.
Here's a rundown of my favorite new stuff:

  • Plan and Profile Sheets - like buttah. Belisimo! Right out of the gate it is more user friendly and faster to set up than either Land Desktop or Eagle Point. Well done boys!
  • More Modeless Toolbars - you will swear less frequently when creating design alignments or profiles.
  • Lines/Curves Menu - its baaaack, and this time its not playing around. I've already used it to create best fit curves in client's drawings. Use with caution, you may weep with joy.
  • More Out-of-the-Box Reports - XSL stuff is mysterious to me. Thankfully, more reports are built in to help a homegirl out.
  • More Sub-assemblies - I have not even tried them yet, but I'm still excited.
  • More Feature Line Tools - 3D Join? Yeah, baby, yeah!
This is by no means a complete list of new features, but I've just scratched the surface in playing with it. More new stuff to come....with explanation.

No comments: