Monday, February 26, 2007

Figures/Linework Makes Me Want to...

First: Scream
Second: Get better at VBA so that I can write a little connect-the-dots script for cogo points.

Today I taught a class and had to explain to the surveyor (my head hung in shame) that you can't translate-rotate points brought in from an FBK file once they are in the CAD graphic. (PLEASE! Correct me if I'm wrong here!) The only way to modify the points is to modify them prior to importing them. And his look of bewilderment mirrored the one I had when I first learned of this [lack of] functionality.

So far, this is the most intelligble instruction on FBK files I have found:
From the Ground Up
It is from Jan 15th of this year.
Actually, all of Chris Berends's material is excellent.

Sigh. I want a lot. I think I'll go post to the discussion groups.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a solution that is free to download on the Civil 3D Community website that will Translate a survey network from an assumed to a known coordinate system.

Unknown said...

If necessary, I can send it to you so you can distribute freely.