Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Super Helpful Help

Hey all!

I know, I know I should blog more often.  But it is summer and there are State Fairs to attend,  beaches to lay on and sunshine to absorb. 

Here's something I JUST noticed today... the help in 2011 knows object names and uses them to help you navigate procedures.  It picks the name of the object at the time you hit F1. 



For all I know, it's done this since 2005, but I'm just noticing it now.  It's cool.  It makes me feel safe and happy in the Help docs. 

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kati In CT said...

Before I entered the world of civil engineering when I was a lowly computer engineering summer intern (before I saw the light and switched from computer engineering to civil engineering), I created help files for a computer software company. And this post makes me smile. Very helpful indeed!