Thursday, February 19, 2009

Aquatard

Let me paint you a little picture of my evening: ass planted in an innertube drifting down the lazy river in my leopard print bathing suit discussing Civil 3D with a very well respected client. Trying to have any sort of business decorum in this situation becomes increasingly difficult when said client drifts ahead of me and I do this sort of flail-paddle to catch back up.

Ain't conferences great?

Here I am at the WLIA annual conference. My co-worker Steve and I did a really fun presentation on a workflow getting Civil 3D data into 3ds Max then Combustion for some super-realistic renderings and animations. As soon as I get somewhere with decent bandwidth I'll post some of our output. It was an interesting learning experience, as I thought LandXML would be the key to our success. In fact it was not. I'll post our process and more soon!

No comments: