Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Styles Mystery Solved

I have figured out a problem I was having with my Pipe Label styles!
Yippee!












When I was attempting to put invert elevations on structures, I kept noticing that the Civil 3D default labels seemed a whole lot smarter than mine. Now, I realize there are TWO different types of text you can add to a structure. There's the good old Text Component, then there's a component called Text for Each. OOhhhh, I get it.

So Text gives you the following list:





These are items that there can only be one value associated per structure.
For example, you can only have one rim elevation.















Text for Each on the other hand gives you this list:




This list shows things there might be more than one of, such as upstream connected pipe invert elevations .

No comments: